So you’re thinking of trying your hand at a Family Man Challenge? Here are some things I’ve learned.
Things which may or may not have effected my game (but probably did): I have all expansions and stuff packs installed. I also have Twallan’s Master Controller, Story Progression, Woohooer and Overwatch installed.
My goal for this challenge was to see how many children Wilde could have in his lifetime. So, using Master Controller I changed the max household number to a ridiculous number (something like 30).
1. It’s All About Personality: Pick traits that are going to get you some as quickly as possible. Wilde’s traits are: Hopeless Romantic, Great Kisser, Flirty, Charismatic and Schmoozer
The first four are a no brainer when the goal is to romance the pants off the ladies. Schmoozer on the other hand worked against me in the beginning and I haven’t used it since. If I were to do it again I would have given Wilde the Vegetarian Trait, because vegetarians live longer and living longer means more children.
Other good choices could be: Party Animal, Commitment Issues, Virtuoso, Athletic, Childish, Good Sense of Humor
2. Lifetime Wish: Pick an LTW that will work with your goal. You’re not raising these kids (they’ll be lucky if they ever even see you) so don’t pick something like Surrounded by Family.
I chose Heartbreaker for Wilde. It turned out to be a good option, but I kept forgetting to break up with the ladies. Remember Sims 3 is not Sims 2.
Good LTW options: Master Romancer, Golden Tongue Golden Fingers, Super Popular, Heartbreaker
*EDIT* Thank you commenter Ella for the following information: What I wanted to comment on was that your family man can still pick the Surrounded by Family LTW, because the game counts “raising” basically just as fathering- so if your sim fathers five children and all turn into teenagers, whether or not they’re in his house (or even if he’s ever met them!) his lifetime wish is fulfilled.
3. Man’s Got Skills:Max that charisma skill as early as you can. The women will be putty in your capable hands.
4. Fast Cars, Fast Women:This is not a challenge about money. Motherlode your sim to a happy place and buy the fastest car available. The faster his car, the fast he can get to her house and wham, bam, thank you ma’am; he’s on to the next one.
5. Don’t Ignore the Children:The female children that aren’t your sim’s that is. Remember they too will become young adults and another useful uterus. Befriend them early and getting into their pants later will be like buttah!
6. Let’s Just Be Friends:Generations introduced with it he reputation system and that can really screw with a player’s game! If she has a heart under her name, she thinks she owns you and that can lead to drama!
7. Do As The Romans Did:Make it an orgy. Tour the theater (or other such place) with three females and spam the Try for Baby option with each one; you’re bound to get at least one of them knocked up. The maximum number I have been able to tour with is three. Any more than that the women get bored from waiting around and start leaving.
8. Go For Dinner, Stay For Breakfast: The latest you can visit a house is 3:00 or 3:30 am, if your sim isn’t about to pass out send him off to visit the neighbor’s wife. If it gets close to 3:00 make sure you ask to spend the night. You don’t have to actually have him spend the night, you just have to buy your sim some time to make the donation.
9. A Rewarding Experience:With all the bonuses you will get from fathering the neighborhood’s children chances are your sim will have a ton of Lifetime Happiness Points. Wilde has well over 600, 000 himself. Get that Moodlet Manager as soon as possible and sleep no more! Don’t forget to buy the Fertility Treatment!
Good rewards to choose: Moodlet Manager, Fertility Treatment, No Bills Ever (because a visit from the Repo is never good), Always on the List (parties are a great place to meet and impregnate women), Attractive, Eye Candy, Carefree, Fast Learner, Never Dull, Dirt Defiant, Stone Hearted, Fireproof Homestead, No Jealousy, Inappropriate in a Good Way, Steel Bladder, Legendary Host, Long Distance Friend.
10. Objects/Places Of Woohoo:Remember all the places sims can woohoo and use them! Bed (duh), shower, elevator, hot tub (no bachelor pad is complete without one), theater, City Hall, the Science Facility, Military Base.
11. There Are No Restraining Orders Here:Got a sim that just doesn’t have the time for you? Find out where she works. If she works at any of the tourable places (Science Facility, Theater, City Hall, Military Base) take a tour during her work hours and knock her up then. You will have the option to Try for Baby while she is at work. She may get fired, but at least you scored.
12. Make Use Of The Facilities: When you gotta go, you gotta go (or shower). If he’s at a lady’s house and starts to get a little ripe, don’t go all the way home, take a shower there and a dump while he’s at it. Sure someone will probablyask him to leave, but chances are he was leaving anyway.
13. Party Time:Twin parties, do I have to say anymore? Have a stereo in every room and have the Kid Zone playing on them and the TV. Invite all the pregnant women you can and get them to dance or watch the tube.
14. Let’s Get Physical:Work on that Athletic Skill. Rumor has it he will live longer, and a longer life means more children.
15. Public Enemy No. 1:No point in making nice with the men of the town, you’re sim is just going to steal their women away.
16. Boys On The Side:You may be tempted to kill off the men in town, but don’t. If the men in town hook up with the women they can give your sim a whole new generation of ladies to take advantage of. And there is nothing better than having a little (or a lot) of variety.
Well that’s all I can think of at the moment. Feel I’ve missed something or have a question? Leave a comment and I’ll get back you.